We know that COVID-19 has not gone away, we are therefore setting out our plans and expectations of both the public and dealers when we return to opening the St. Ives Antiques Fairs.
The emphasis is on feeling safe and confident for us all to return to selling, as well as enjoying our Fairs. The situation is continually under review, and we may have to adjust arrangements as necessary in the light of any future changes to the government guidelines.
- Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms will be expected to stay away from the Fair and undergo a PCR test to ensure a negative result.
- Everyone entering the Fair is expected to be able to show their NHS COVID pass (proof of 2 vaccinations) if requested, either via their device or printed pdf/certificate. Failing this they should be able to provide evidence, via an official email or text message of a reported negative Lateral Flow test result, taken during the previous 48 hours.
- The NHS Test and Trace QR code for the event will be available to use to check in, or if you prefer name and contact details can be left at reception.
- Stands and rows will be spaced to enable social distancing, and for this reason there will be fewer stands than usual to ensure safe passage of both dealers and public.
- We strongly recommend the wearing of face masks/face coverings, especially when moving around the venue, visiting the toilets or bar and during set-up and break down.
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available around the venue, but we expect that dealers will also encourage it’s use by having it readily available on their own stands also.
- Ventilation is key to maintaining a healthy atmosphere. The Burgess Hall has already upgraded its air conditioning systems to comply with current regulations, but we will be utilising doors and windows to ensure an adequate air flow. Dealers and customers will be encouraged to bring/wear suitable warm clothing for the duration of the Fair.
- We have extended the opening hours by an extra half an hour at the beginning and the end of each day, to help with spreading out our customer flow over a longer period. By doing this we are hopefully giving all of our customers a more pleasurable and less crowded browsing experience.
- Weather permitting, we will encourage refreshments to be taken outside.
- Please respect every individual’s right to expect others to social distance, whether within the Fair environment or in a toilet or bar area.
Finally, we wish everyone an enjoyable and safe experience with us and are happy to see you all back. Thank you for your invaluable support.